Employment and Career Change Resources for Boomers
As Bob Dylan wrote in the early 60s, "the times they are a-changin'". The workforce is aging. Many of the 78.3 million baby boomers will choose not to retire as previous generations have done. They want to stay engaged, some pushing forward and some scaling back, and some seeking more meaningful career paths. Workforce50.com arms the older workforce with employment resources and career information to achieve their goals. Help them make the most of their talents. Hire them.
- Want to know more about LinkedIn? Maggie Graham explains the most important tips in her new column: LinkedIn Optimization for Job Seekers and Solopreneurs.
- Workforce50.com is excited to announce our newest resource. Check out the latest video tips on the Workforce50.com YouTube Channel!
- Workforce50.com offers Job Alerts to your email inbox! Sign up for your own personal searches using the box in the right sidebar.
- New Collaboration with DLABSS
Quick Job Search by State:[Alabama] [Alaska] [Arizona] [Arkansas] [California] [Colorado] [Connecticut] [Delaware] [District of Columbia] [Florida] [Georgia] [Hawaii] [Idaho] [Illinois] [Indiana] [Iowa] [Kansas] [Kentucky] [Louisiana] [Maine] [Maryland] [Massachusetts] [Michigan] [Minnesota] [Mississippi] [Missouri] [Montana] [Nebraska] [Nevada] [New Hampshire] [New Jersey] [New Mexico] [New York] [North Carolina] [North Dakota] [Ohio] [Oklahoma] [Oregon] [Pennsylvania] [Rhode Island] [South Carolina] [South Dakota] [Tennessee] [Texas] [Utah] [Vermont] [Virginia] [Washington] [West Virginia] [Wisconsin] [Wyoming]
Certain companies have been in the news and recognized as having hiring and employment practices that tend to engage, encourage and nurture their older, more experienced workers. These organizations may offer pay and benefits, educational opportunities, work arrangements or cultures that are particularly appealing to baby boomers and seniors.
Browse the current job listings from our favorite employers in the following four sectors or quick click on one of our National employers also widely recognized as age-friendly.
- Favorite Employers in Education
- Favorite Employers in Healthcare
- Favorite Employers in Government
- Favorite Employers in Insurance
- Favorite Employers in Other Industries
Careers and Education for Job Changers
Workforce50.com includes a career and education section to assist boomers and experienced workers who are considering a career change or job transition. We provide salary and job growth data for a wide range of career opportunities. Local data is available for each job in major metropolitan areas across the country and includes the number of jobs, mean salary and a local popularity index.
These are examples of careers in which our readers have expressed strong interest:
- Data on Sonographers -- Sonography Jobs
- Data on Cardiovascular Technicians -- Cardiovascular Technician Jobs
- Data on Veterinary Techs -- Veterinary Technician Jobs
- Data on Interior Designers -- Interior Design Jobs
- Data on HVAC Mechanics -- HVAC Mechanic Jobs
In addition to the career data, we provide information on training and education for each career listed. For instance, if a reader is interested in becoming a mechanical drafter, we provide information on schools that have training programs to become a mechanical drafter. Schools are listed by state if they are campus-based and online if the training is delivered online. Readers can request more information on specific training programs using the links to the online forms.
Visit Careers and Education for the complete listing.